Do you wish your neighborhood was:
- More Earth-friendly?
- More community oriented?
Earth Resource Foundation works with you to improve environmental awareness and foster a sense of community in neighborhoods. The program provides workshops for a neighborhood's concerns, such as energy conservation, watershed issues, organic gardening, etc. It also focuses on bringing the community together through neighborhood cleanups and gatherings.
Each neighborhood is asked to adopt their part of the watershed. By cleaning up our neighborhood's trash and other debris (branches, leaves, etc.), our watersheds can be restored to a healthy state.
Working together to take ownership of one's community, your neighborhood will gain a sense of environmental, social and civic responsibility.
- Call Earth Resource Foundation and talk to an Adopt Your Neighborhood coordinator
- Recruit several other interested neighbors
- Become a member of Earth Resource Foundation
Our Expert staff will provide:
- Neighborhood recruitment assistance
- Workshops with the most up-to-date environmental information
- Assistance in developing and implementing a program specific to your neighborhood needs
- Event planning & volunteers
- Help in identifying your local watershed
Earth Resource Foundation wants to help you with your neighborhood's specific environmental and social issues. Our vision for adopted neighborhoods is to meet goals in the following areas:
- Conserve energy
- Create safe neighborhoods
- Use alternative to toxic household cleaners
- Achieve healthy watersheds
- Learn to "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"
- Organize neighborhood gardens
- Plant trees
- Grow organic and native plant gardens
- Use natural pest controls
- Conserve water
By joining the Adopt Your Neighborhood program, you and your neighbors are likely to see transformations such as:
- Restoring a sense of community pride
- Finding safety in your homes and common areas
- Enjoying cleaner neighborhoods
- Going to the source of urban runoff
- Maintaining or increasing property values
- Getting acquainted with neighbors
- Gaining a sense of accomplishment for the environment and community
- Teaching children the importance of maintaining your community
Adopt Your Neighborhood Today
Call Earth Resource Foundation and we'll help you create an environmentally sustainable community and solve neighborhood issues, leading to social and civic responsibility.